The series will include original interviews of history-making music and film superstars as well as titans of technology, business, media and politics, the unforgettable fashions with lots of archival footage, exclusive eyewitness accounts and dramatic re-enactments.
The evening’s entertainment included several break-dancing performances by Dynamic Rockers, a Michael Jackson Impersonator and a Dance Troupe.
Highlights from the series include:
- Orthopedic surgeon Dr. David Adelberg, who as an intern held Ronald Reagan’s still-beating heart as a bullet was removed from the president’s chest cavity.
- Record exec Michael Rosenblatt, who discovered Madonna at a dance club in New York.
- Assistant choreographer Vincent Paterson and the producers on the set of Michael Jackson’s groundbreaking “Thriller” video, reliving the moment when Jackson almost pulled the plug on its release.
- Influential hip-hop artists RUN DMC, who came across Aerosmith’s ’70s hit “Walk this Way” in an old box of records and whose mash-up became the first rap song to break into the top five songs on the pop chart.
- Larry Hagman, in one of his last interviews, sharing how his ’80s series “Dallas” reverberated around the world.
The Three-Night, Six-Part Event Narrated by Rob Lowe Premieres Sunday, April 14, 2013, at 8 p.m. ET/PT on the National Geographic Channel.