Hard to believe but we were able to narrow down our ultimate favorites and standouts (if you saw how many stunning pieces there were to choose from, you’d know how difficult a task this is) but below are the ones we couldn’t help playing with and staring at.
They are as follows:
- Erik Stewart, Eric Stewart Jewelry, Evening Wear. 18K yellow gold scalloped scroll ring featuring a 13 ct. blue avian-cut Zircon accented with orange and purple Diamond melee (1.90 ctw.)
- Wayne Holmes, Laura K. Jewitt Design, Business/Day Wear. 18K white gold and palladium ring featuring an oval 1.45 ct. sapphire accented with Diamonds (.84 ctw)
- Lydia Courteille, Meridian Jewelers, Evening Wear. 18K oxidized white gold Seahorse cocktail ring featuring an Opal accented with garnets, Sapphires and Amethysts. 2nd Place Fashion Forward Winner
- Deirdre Featherstone, Featherstone Design, Evening Wear. Platinum “Thumb Armor” ring featuring a 12.15 ct. Tanzanite accented with Diamonds (1.73 ctw.)
- Babette Shennan, Babette Shennan, Classical. Sterling silver and 14K yellow gold “Gingko” antiqued silk finished hinged-cuff featuring Tsavorite Garnets (6.8 ctw.)
- Gwennie by Michael John, Michael John Jewelry, Evening Wear. 18K white gold ring featuring a Diamond (4.12 ctw.) polar bear jumping between Opal icebergs (33.77 ctw.). 3rd Place Winner Evening Wear
- Gemma Ca, Gemme Ca, Evening Wear. Silver with palladium plating “Moonlight Shackle” cuff bracelet featuring a 94 ct. Quartz drusy
- Dallas Prince, Dallas Prince Designs, Evening Wear. Sterling silver and 14K rose gold “Kaleidoscope” necklace featuring Swarovski Marcasite and Diamonds (2.51 ctw.)
- Wendy Brandes, Wendy Brandes Jewelry, Evening Wear. 18K yellow gold ring featuring a carved Turquoise skull accented with Rubies (1.84 ctw.)
17. Eddie Sakamoto, Somewhere in the Rainbow, Evening Wear. Palladium and 18K yellow gold “Piqued My Interest” cuff featuring a 52.89 ct. radiant-cut Kunzite set in Ebony accented with Diamonds (2.93 ctw.)
18. Katey Brunini, K. Brunini Jewels, Evening Wear. Sterling and 18K yellow gold “Robot Heart” necklace featuring a 1363.96 ct. Opal heart accented with Diamonds (1.53 ctw.). The heart lights up in several patterns. 1st Place Fashion Forward Winner
19. Ajit Roy, Ajit Roy Designs, Business/Day Wear. 14K yellow and white gold pendant featuring a triangle Drusy accented with black Diamonds (1.32 ctw.) and yellow Diamonds (.35 ctw.).
20. Parul Kuki Seth, Parulina Jewelry, Classical. 18K yellow and white gold dagger necklace featuring white Diamonds (5.50 ctw.) accented with Rubies (1.91 ctw.) and yellow Diamonds (.91 ctw.)
Some of the standout winners (other than the three I’ve already featured above) included these items featured below (with the exception of number seven which isn’t a winner but we loved its quirkiness):
- Dalan Hargave, Dust Devil Mining, Objects of Art. “Friendship” sculpture featuring Sunstone (57 ctw.), black Jade, Varasite and black, yellow and white Diamonds. 1st Place Objects of Art Winner
- Leon Mege, Leon Mege Inc, Objects of Art. 18K gold and sterling silver “Maestro” gramophone ring featuring interchangeable records made of ebony wood with yellow Sapphires, Rubies, black and white Diamonds. I must note the black record next to this amazing ring goes on the gramophone ring and says AC/DC. 2nd Place Objects of Art Winner
- Lauren Harper, Lauren Harper Collection, Business/Day Wear. 18K yellow gold “Kryptonite Pyramid” necklace featuring Chrysoprase and Diamonds. 3rd Place Fashion Forward Winner
- Cynthia Bach, Cynthia Bach Inc, Bridal Wear. Platinum drop earrings featuring blue marquise, double-faceted Aquamarines (113.23 ctw.) accented with seed Pearls and Diamonds. Honorable Mention Bridal
- Mark Schneider, Mark Schneider Design, Men’s Wear. 14K white and 18K yellow gold men’s lapel pin featuring carved black Jade accented with white Diamonds (.28 ctw), Rubies (.04 ctw.), and cognac and yellow Diamonds (.99 ctw.). 1st Place Men’s Wear Winner
- David Hines, Nvit Blanche, Men’s Wear. Platinum “Bloody Knuckles” ring featuring mirror-set Rubies (1.00 ctw.). Platinum Honors Men’s Wear.
- Avi Raz, A & Z Pearls Inc, Objects of Art. 18K yellow and white gold and 14K rose gold “Frog Delight” carving featuring tsavorite Garnets (1.58 ctw.), freshwater Pearls, black Keshi Pearls, and orange sapphires (.45 ctw.)
What do you think of some of the beautiful and unusual pieces from the 2014 Spectrum Awards?