The grand opening weekend activities include checking out five original works of art from Brooklyn based artists Gary Panter, Kim Gordon, Keegan McHargue, Hisham Bharoocha and Mickalene Thomas. Let these chromatic paintings inspire your shopping experience as we celebrate the beauty of Brooklyn. The other festivities include:
FRIDAY, November 1st:
- 8 AM, GRAND OPENING RIBBON CUTTING
- 11 AM to 7 PM, GO PRO: Receive Express Services and beauty consultations from SEPHORA PRO Artists, stationed at the Beauty Studio.
- 12PM to 4 PM, MAKEUP AS MATERIAL: Join celebrated makeup artist, Will Lemon, known for his customized skin art for artists like Animal Collective, Rihanna, Beck and Devendra Banhart, to learn how to mix in-store products with natural ingredients and use these mixtures to skin-print on clients.
Along with the above mentioned festivities, attendees will also enjoy the day’s activities with DJ sets by BK Creatives and campaign collaborators Will Lemon and Hisham Bharoocha, delicious, locally sourced bites, Brooklyn-brewed coffee and refreshing drinks by Morris Kitchen, a Brooklyn based food vendor.
SATURDAY, November 2nd:
- 11 AM to 3 PM, COLOR PALETTE EXPLORATION: Fashion and beauty enthusiast Katherine Bernhardt, who is known for her colorful, expressionistic, large-scale paintings of celebrities and models, will be in-store to teach clients her technique and take them through color palettes of makeup in fashion using acrylic paint.
- 4 PM to 8 PM, BEAUTY COLLAGE: Brooklyn campaign artist, Hisham Bharoocha, whose vibrant work has been published in notable art, fashion, and culture magazines, will teach participants how to make their own original artwork by collaging beauty imagery from fashion magazines and other mixed media materials.
On both Friday and Saturday, everyone will have the chance to enjoy a SEPHORA photo booth to take pictures and share your memories from the grand opening fun,While celebrating the opening, Sephora Beauty Insiders can also receive an exclusive Sephora Brooklyn tote bag*, featuring illustrator Gary Panter’s campaign artwork, with any purchase of $50 or more! Also as a Beauty Insider or VIB, you’re also eligible to receive a special gift – Benefit Real Birthday Turn-Ons! Check your e-mail, mail or simply come back to SEPHORA Brooklyn or any other SEPHORA location, within a few weeks of your birthday to pick up the special gift SEPHORA has waiting for you! (I guess I will be making a trip since my birthday is that day).
The new 8,039 square foot, free-standing SEPHORA store in Brooklyn is a virtual paradise of endless beauty options with over 13,000 products from more than 200 brands, including SEPHORA’s own collection of makeup, skincare, tools and accessories.
- Makeup lines such as Benefit, Hourglass, Josie Maran, Kat Von D, MAKE UP FOR EVER, Marc Jacobs Beauty and NARS
- Innovative skincare and smilecare lines like Algenist, Caudalie, GLO, NUDE Skincare and Ole Henriksen
- Fragrance offerings from Fracas, Guerlain, Marc Jacobs, MARCHESA, Philosophy and Stella McCartney
- Specialty hair care lines like Alterna, Bumble and bumble, Living proof and Phyto
Will you Brooklyn beauties be checking out the new location?
*While supplies last.