As huge fans of SheaMoisture hair products, we were excited to preview the hair inspiration that models would be rocking for the Tracy Reese Spring 2016 Collection during NYFW the Shows. Lead hair stylist for SheaMoisture, Bok-Hee, stated that Tracy gave her two hair ideas for the show, one teased and dry, and the other a sleek chignon, so she took those two ideas and combined them into the textured hairstyle you see below. Come with us as we join SheaMoisture Backstage at Tracy Reese Spring 2016 Collection show.
“Sheer transparency enhanced by ‘moments of shine’ set the tone for the Tracy Reese collection this season. While distinctive details such as color and embellishment came into play, the vision was to keep the woman looking natural and truly authentic. The beauty look completely reflects this – the skin is glowing and dewy while the nails are kept simple in design. With this in mind, I went about creating a no-fuss hair look signified by natural textures and an effortless chignon that perfectly complemented the overall finished look.” – Bok-Hee, Lead Hair Stylist
Get the Hair Look:
- Fight frizz and nourish hair by working in SheaMoisture Professional Curl Leave-In Conditioner.
- Parcel out small portions of hair around the crown of the head to be set aside and gather the rest to be pulled into a low chignon.
- Apply SheaMoisture Professional Finish Blow Dry Cream throughout hair as you pull it into a low ponytail at the nape. Layer SheaMoisture Professional Vibrant Color Shine Glaze onto strands to provide the ultimate clear shine boost.
- To create the chignon, gently twist the hair from the nape of the neck to the ends, and then begin to coil it in a counter clockwise circle. Continue to twist the hair into a bun shape using the index finger to hold it in place.
- Secure sides of the bun with bobby pins. Gently pull and loosen the edges of the bun to get the desired shape, then secure with more bobby pins.
- With the remaining wispy pieces of hair, apply SheaMoisture Fruit Fusion Coconut Water Weightless Texture Spray and use a teasing brush to create structure.
- Finish by spraying SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Hold & Shine Moisture Mist for hold and hydration.
SheaMoisture Professional Curl Leave-In Conditioner – $19.99
SheaMoisture Professional Finish Blow Dry Cream – $19.99
SheaMoisture Professional Vibrant Color Shine Glaze – $19.99
SheaMoisture Fruit Fusion Coconut Water Weightless Texture Spray – $10.99
SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Hold & Shine Moisture Mist – $9.99
All of the above SheaMoisture hair products are available now at Target stores nationwide, Target.com, Ulta.com and Sally Beauty.